For most 15 year old Norwegian girls, life is spent in the great outdoors and socializing with friends. But not Denice Hagen, founder of www.petworld.no, an online pet store who at 15 years of age entered the Norwegian eCommerce market.
Now 19 years old, Denice is not only focusing on the growth of Petworld.no, but is also launching two new projects in the next 12 months.
This is a story of how passion, determination and an implement like hell attitude helped Denice create a 12+ million NOK per year online business.
A jury consisting of five profiled Norwegian e-commerce experts have picked out what they believe are the 50 most important e-commerce stores in Norway.
The Jury: Karl Philip Lund (t.v), Eric Sandtrø, Anne Murstad, Kenneth Dreyer and Ole Martin N. Evensmo
- Karl Philip Lund: Leading online marketing and e-commerce expert. He´s an experienced speaker and he has worked with several successful companies (Enklere Liv, Netthandelen.no, Blivakker.no og Hurtigruten).
- Eric Sandtrø: Managing director of Fjellsport.no and co-owner of Jollyroom. Founded and managed Komplett.no, one of Norway´s largest e-commerce stores.
- Anne Murstad: interaction designer that has worked with e-commerce and digital channels for nearly 10 years. Prior to this she worked in sales and customer service for companies such as British Airways, Eurocard and SEB. In 2005 she started the online store fess.no, which won the “Newcomer of the Year 2006“. She works at the Norwegian Postal service and Bring as business developer and partner responsible for e-commerce.
- Kenneth Dreyer: Passionate about technology, marketing and design. Organizer of E–Commerce Day, partner at digital agency Inevo and part owner of a small shop.
- Ole Martin N. Evensmo: Editor of Netthandel.no. Has experience with online shopping at several large and medium-sized eCommerce and multichannel companies.