If you’re like me, you will get a little bit jealous when you see a blog post that has hundreds, if not thousands of social shares. And I often wonder how it is possible that some content can reach millions of people through social shares. How do they do it?
When I started blogging in 2010, my content was not getting any shares – It was like a graveyard out there. A few readers, even fewer comments and zero social shares.
What was I doing wrong?
- There are 190 million tweets per day
- There are 70 billion pieces of content shared on Facebook each month
- 5 million people use the +1 button on Google+ every single day
- More than 500 tweets per minute contain a YouTube link
- Every minute, Tumblr owners publish approximately 27,778 new blog post
And more than 72% of all internet users are now active on social media. Surely it’s not just me, right?